qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] re: [Patch] Mac OS X Port

From: Raphaël Enrici
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] re: [Patch] Mac OS X Port
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 11:18:13 +0200

Fred Hope wrote:

Pierre,

Great work and congrats on making that OS X port of qemu; I'm sure it's no easy task. I downloaded the patch file you included (qemuosx.diff) but am not sure what to do with it. I discovered that there is a "diff" Unix program; does this patch involve using diff somehow in Terminal? Perhaps, but I'm not sure of the exact commands to use. I don't know much about this sort of development or coding (though I know some C, Obj-C, and Cocoa)...could someone please tell me how to use that patch? I already have a copy of the qemu source code from CVS; I downloaded it weeks/months ago.

Hi Pierre,

checkout qemu from CVS:
<>export CVS_RSH="ssh"
cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/qemu co qemu
cd qemu
patch -p0 < location_of_your_diff_file

Take a look at "man patch" for futher details.

Regards,
Raphaël