qemu-devel

Emu as logo (was Re: [Qemu-devel] Icon proposal: a carnival mask)

From: Martin
Subject: Emu as logo (was Re: [Qemu-devel] Icon proposal: a carnival mask)
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 21:41:59 +0200

Emu as logo
I'm surprised no response to the "emu" idea since it is an animal and
the emulator is Qemu. A Emu with racing goggles or something might do as
a mascot. Some people don't like "cartoonish" mascots for FOSS projects
but I think they really send out a positive message that FOSS is for
everyone, it's not some stuffy elitist thing that's out of anyone's
grasp. Tux is probably the best example of this.

I'll take "that's a stupid mascot" as a reasonable criticism from
anyone. Does anyone know of another free project using an Emu as mascot?

I was thinking of en Emu as a logo for Qemu a few weeks ago and started looking for images of an emu to base a cartoonlike logo on.
In this earch I found an image on an Emu used as logo for the cpcemu project
http://www.cpc-emu.org/
It is an emulator of a CPC computer

I still think it is a nice idea to use an Emu as logo even though it has been used already.
I also have some nice images of Emus which I downloaded in my search.
I just haven't had time to draw a nice logo yet and then I saw all the other logo's come by on the mailing list.

Greetings,
Martin