qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] patches in dad-answers.com

From: Lionel Ulmer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] patches in dad-answers.com
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 20:56:01 +0200

> 1. NO_SDL - removes the SDL requirement and replaces it with a native Xlib
> support (I hardly think Fabrice will ever commit this). Anyone can write a
> small README how to add and compile this thing?
>
> 2. Win32 SDL Keyboard support - if you're planning to compile QEMU under
> Windows, use this patch until Fabrice will commit it..

Well, this combined with the hack for Win32 keyboard support (which
completely bypasses SDL from what I understood from the description) makes
me think that QEMU would need a clean 'driver' separation (a bit like
ScummVM do).

Of course, SDL would continue to be the main driver (and maybe the only
officially supported one), but at least people could cleanly add stuff like
an X11 only driver, a Win32 driver (based on DirectX for example)... That
would also solve the OSS-only sound issue.

       Lionel

PS: and no, I am not volunteering to do any of this stuff :-)

--
                 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/