qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU on Alpha

From: Falk Hueffner
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU on Alpha
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 00:19:52 +0200

Alex Melnikov <address@hidden> writes:

> What are the status of the Alpha host port?

It has never worked 100% and is currently pretty much broken.

> I tryed to run rar_static (x86 linux binary) - with this compiled
> qemu-i386, it only shows rar_help in stdout, but when i tryed to
> unpack rar archive with it - it gives error something like "can't
> seek in file test.rar".

First you should make sure you use gcc 3.3. Newer versions seem to do
something funny. Next it would be great if you could try to find some
very simple failing program (maybe write one?), to make debugging
easier. Last time I looked, it seemed to be something with signal
handling.

> i386-softmmu:
>
> Seems broken? (no cpu_get_ticks form alpha, "unsupported cpu error"
> in vl.c)

Alpha has a 32-bit cycle counter which could be used here, one just
would have to compensate for the frequent overflows. But it's probably
not worth bothering as long as the CPU emulation doesn't work...

--
        Falk