qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Keyboard handling patch

From: Johannes Martin
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Keyboard handling patch
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 13:10:42 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

the attached patch helps with two things:
- keys no longer stick when leaving/entering the qemu window
  (I send part of that patch before, the most common problem was that
   ctrl/shift would stick when leaving grab mode)
- qemu can now handle the modifier keys caps and num lock for the
  guest operating system. This is useful for two reasons:
        - some guest OSs crash when modifier keys change their state
          suddenly (i.e. caps lock is pressed when leaving the window
          and depressed when entering the window again)
        - on some national keyboards and some OSes, caps lock isn't
          reset by pushing caps lock again but by pushing one of the
          shift keys. This would result in the caps lock led not showing
          the actual caps lock state of the guest OS.
  I have added another command line option -sdl-mods. If this option is
  used, qemu will not report caps and num lock to the guest os but
  simulate a pushed-down shift key before any alpha-key while caps lock
  is down and before any key of the numeric keypad when num lock is down.

  I have tested this patch for some time on OS/2 and it works fine.

Johannes