qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Shutting down QEmu fails after Soundblater timeouts

From: Ronald
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Shutting down QEmu fails after Soundblater timeouts
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 20:58:22 +0200

Le Thu, 14 Oct 2004 00:23:51 +0200, Andreas Bollhalder a écrit :

> Hello all
>
> I recognized the following in the daily build
> "QemuInstall-20041013-snd.exe" from FreeOSZoo on WinXPSP2 running on a
> 1.2GHz P4 mobile:
>
> 1. I have a FreeDOS image running with GEOS and I'm using the SB16 driver.
> Wave files with for example 16bit, mono and 22050Hz are mostly played
> nice. 16bit, stero and 44100Hz are hackly. When I shutdown with the
> FreeDOS tool "FDAPM.COM" after a hackly played wave file, FreeDOS stops
> after stopping the disks and the QEmu freezes. I think it has something
> todo when FDAPM commits the system off APM command.

I have issues too with poweroff, sometimes qemu do no quit.
This occurs with windows guest and linux guest too with apm.
With linux guest, I can play wave, ogg and mp3 (all 44100 stereo), but
ending playback doesn't end the sound totally, there is one sample
that is repeated endlessly until I play another file.
When shutting down too (without apm, ctrl-alt-2 and q), even if I played a
short file to stop sound output, there is a last sample that is played
before qemu quit.

> 2. Also, when the soundblaster is in use, Ctrl-Alt doesn't work. But
> Ctrl-Esc or Alt-Esc do.

I've not seen this, even when sound is looping I cant switch to console
and back.

> 3. How can I disable the first window ? QEmu is running in a second and
> the console too (Ctrl-Alt-n works). The "-monitor stdio" doesn't work
> and Windows don't know a "/dev/null" ...

The first window is the command prompt from where you launched qemu,
closing it will close qemu too (not sure as I never tried)