qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] "Press Ctrl-Alt to exit grab" is not working on Debian

From: Karel Gardas
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] "Press Ctrl-Alt to exit grab" is not working on Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (woody)
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 20:41:28 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Jim C. Brown wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 11:54:11AM +0100, Karel Gardas wrote:
> >
> > Just for the record, when I try to invoke qemu directly in one X session
> > by using:
> >
> > xinit /opt/qemu-x86-9/bin/qemu -hda solaris9.img -boot d -cdrom
> > sol-9-u6-x86-v1.iso -fda DU.img -- :2
> >
> > it seems when I click inside the window it refuses to grab at all, so I
> > can not navigate with mouse cursor, etc.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Karel
> >

> Does the problem (refusing to grab) go away if you use a window manager?

Yes, it goes away! Thanks for the hint! Anyway, it was nice to test Qemu
with good old twm and surprisingly I even found that when I use it, Qemu
is ok and correctly grabs/ungrabs. So the problem seems to be somewhere
between Qemu and WindowMaker which I'm using. On the other hand, since I
was also using it in the 0.5.5 time, I'm sure Qemu supported it well that
time. On the other hand I can not guarantee that that time WindowMaker and
todays are still the same, since I'm using Debian stable and from time to
time I update/upgrade it to get all security fixes and I don't remember if
WindowMaker was/was not upgraded during this time period.

Anyway thanks for your help!

Karel
--
Karel Gardas                  address@hidden