qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] valgrind functionality in qemu?

From: Sylvain Petreolle
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] valgrind functionality in qemu?
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:30:21 +0100 (CET)

Talking about qemu and valgrind,
qemu immediately exits if you run it under valgrind.
I tried it with latest qemu CVS and valgrind 2.2.0.

Actual cmdline was :
valgrind --tool=memcheck --leak-check=yes qemu -boot d -cdrom
/home/syl/qemu_images/tccboot.iso
(I attached the result)

> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, Marc E. Fiuczynski wrote:
>
> > Just curious whether anyone has thought about putting things like the
> > memory profiling, thread debugging, etc. features of valgrind
> > (http://valgrind.kde.org/) into qemu?!

=====
Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle_at_users_dot_sourceforge_dot_net)
humans are like computers,
yesterday the BIOS was all
- today its just a word