qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] enabling bus-master IDE driver

From: Norikatsu Shigemura
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] enabling bus-master IDE driver
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:12:49 +0900

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 20:41:35 +0100
Juergen Lock <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > It now says "Current Transfer Mode: Multi-Word DMA Mode 2".
> > > I'm not real sure how I test to see if disk access is faster,
> > > or by how much, but this appears to be progress for XP.
> > Windows 2000 isn't that verbose - it simply prints "DMA mode".
> > Interesting that XP has enabled "Multi-Word DMA Mode 2".
> FreeBSD guests (at least 5.3-BETA1) say they use WDMA2, which i guess
> is the same:

        Your patch works quite good.  I confirmed that it works on
        Windows XP SP2 and FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE as guest OSs, and
        host's cpu loadavg reduced(MAX: 97% -> 30% on boot, etc..).

# http://people.FreeBSD.org/~nork/qemu/qemu05.png  but Japanese

        May I commit your patch as ports/emulators/qemu/files/patch-hw::ide.c?