qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] building a virus-proof PC with Qemu

From: Bochnig, Martin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] building a virus-proof PC with Qemu
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 22:20:03 +0100

Piotras wrote:

How to mark data as "trusted"? There are many possibilities. For example when inserting CD-ROM we could have a checkbox (handled by host) to mark all data read from CD-ROM as "trusted". Another possibility is to have a special utility running inside the guest that could tell Qemu that a given file (set of bytes on disk) contains classified data.

Hi,

sorry, but why don't you use/recommend Trusted Solaris (SPARC and i386)
http://wwws.sun.com/software/solaris/trustedsolaris/   ?
I hardly doubt that it will be too easy for anyone to clone the security mechanisms it provides.

Regards,
Martin