qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Mac keyboard not supported

From: Laurent Amon
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Mac keyboard not supported
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 19:20:50 +0100

On 29 déc. 04, at 06:13, Natalia Portillo wrote:

I have MacOS X 10.3 in an ISO-ES keyboard and I had problems with some keys (I'm using QEMU 0.6.0).

I just changed the keyboard to US just before running QEMU and then inside the guest OS chosen the ES keyboard, and then all keys mapped correctly.

OK, That works. Choose US as a system keyboard, start qemu with '-k en-us' (or without -k) and choose the language you want in the guest. However, it is rather awkward if you switch between qemu and other applications as you'll have to change the keyboard language every time.

So until we can take into account international mac keyboards, I'd say this is broken. I guess the solution might be to create specific keymaps.

In the meanwhile, I just ported my old patch (included) to the snapshot of a few days ago. It works with the french keyboard, and should work with any other international one (and even US). Use your usual language setting and start qemu without the '-k' argument.

Happy new year to all,

Lga.