qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-arm dynamically linked binary problem

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-arm dynamically linked binary problem
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 16:40:18 +0000

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 15:48, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 03:20:35PM +0000, Paul Brook wrote:
> > > I just think there's something in qemu's ELF setup that the glibc 2.3
> > > dynamic linker doesn't like.
> >
> > It working with a gcc3.4-csl/glibc2.3.3 soft-float armv4 toolchain.
>
> You're using dynamically linked binaries, and you have the glibc 2.3.3
> dynamic linker in /usr/gnemul/qemu-arm/lib ?

I've tested two types of applications:

- Cross-toolchain based on CodeSourcery gcc(3.4+bits of 4.0 backported), CVS
glibc and binutils, plus minor config hacks to for soft-float and to use
ld.so and shared libraries from my build sysroot.

- A Debian chroot via binfmt_misc and a static qemu-arm binary. This is a
normal Debian Arm install with no modifications.

> > > Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dymanic-link.h: 150:
> > > elf_get_dynamic_info: Assertion `info[20]->d_un.d_val == 17 ||
> > > info[20]->d_un.d_val == 7' failed!
> >
> > I remember seeing something like this. IIRC It was caused by the
> > (recently fixed) rrx bug.
>
> I'm using CVS from a few days ago, which does like look it has those
> rrx fixes in.  I've also applied your selfmodify fix by hand.  I didn't
> apply your 5e diff.

I've just tired qemu CVS head, and that also works for me.

However I'll I did need to rebuild from a clean source tree,
 ie "make clean && make" after changing things.
There are obviously missing makefile dependencies somewhere.

Paul