qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Windows XP SP2 and qemu 0.6.2

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Windows XP SP2 and qemu 0.6.2
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:57:17 -0500

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 01:34:11AM +0100, Heike C. Zimmerer wrote:
> "Jim C. Brown" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 07:08:12PM +0100, Martin Moeller wrote:
>
> Yes, that's been my idea too when I had a closer look at the problem.
> The qemu configure script however enables OSS for Linux hosts.

It also enables SDL for Linux hosts. OSS is the default, but you can tell
qemu to prefer SDL by setting the environment variable QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=sdl
(you can set it to use fmod, etc by this manner as well).

> I include a (very small) simple patch to add a --disable-oss option to
> configure.

The patch isn't needed. This should be chosen at run time.

> Also, libsdl in a version matching the sound daemon (esd
> for GNOME, aRts for KDE) must have been installed.

Version of SDL shouldn't matter, afaik. I'm using SDL 1.2.7 if that helps.

The sound daemon one uses isn't really dependent on which GUI environment you
use (for example I have both esd and artsd, but others may use yasd, NAS, etc).

I actually use both artsd and esd. (I use artsdsp esd to do this tricky, in
order to run both ESD and Arts programs.)