qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Windows XP SP2 and qemu 0.6.2

From: Heike C. Zimmerer
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Windows XP SP2 and qemu 0.6.2
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:29:28 +0100

Jan Dittmer <address@hidden> writes:

> Well, I tried this just on the weekend with the latest cvs code and
> Windows XP Pro SP2 _German_ and it still reboots for me in an endless
> loop after the second installation stage is over.
> I reported this problem earlier [1].
> The commandline I used is
> $QEMU -L /usr/local/share/qemu/ -hda xp.img  -m 256 -user-net -enable-audio
> -localtime

I had the WinXP problem mentioned in the Documentation (some kind of
Authentication error) with german XP Prof.  An english version
works both with qemu and kqemu.

The error in the german version has gone now for both versions; it
boots fine and SP2 installed flawlessly; even Windows Update works.
So thanks, Fabrice and folks!  A german XP Home also installed, but I
didn't try to get into this further.

One smaller problem: I'm using Gnome and thus esd for sound output.  I
can get no output while esd is running.  If I'm trying the fmod
library, there is some sound, but it is garbled.  Has anybody tried to
get sound using esd work?

Greetings,

 Heike