qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem with arrow keys and Microsoft ScanDisk

From: Magnus Damm
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem with arrow keys and Microsoft ScanDisk
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:39:38 +0100

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:36:58 -0800, Mike Swanson
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm not sure what causes this or why. All versions of Microsoft
> ScanDisk (from MS-DOS 6.0 up to Win98SE even) seem to have trouble
> with the arrow keys while in QEMU. Some versions can't work it at all
> (Win95), while others randomly go to buttons (Win98), while yet others

This might be because some INT 10h/16h code fails to save registers
correctly in the bios. I'm telling you this because your problem
sounds similar to what I experienced when I fixed the win9x cd boot -
the reason for this was that the INT 10h bios trashed some register
(DL?) and to a user it looked like the keyboard code was broken.

Have you tried to use a newer bios from bochs CVS?

/ magnus