qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Still some keyboard problems

From: Oliver Gerlich
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Still some keyboard problems
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 22:33:32 +0100

Paulo R. Dallan schrieb:
Hi everyone, Oliver!

Still some keyboard problems: if I don't load any keyboard layout, I still don't get the "/" and "?" keys...

Now, if I load the pt-br layout "-k pt-br", yes, I get both the "/" and "?" key and now the "ESC" is "there"; However, the "accent" keys ("'", "`", "^" and "~" keys) don't work anymore... :( (Please notice the "accent" keys work when I don't load any keyboard layout...)

PS: The version I'm using is cvs from March 10, 2005, with kqemu.

Is there anyone directly in charge of the keyboards layouts?

Again, congratulations for the good work and best regards!

Paulo

Maybe the keymaps don't contain all keys yet, or qemu doesn't support the keys mentioned... In the latter case, you should see messages like "no scancode found for ..." on the console if you press such a key. If no such error appears, the problems is probably in the keymap files which are somewhere under /usr/share/ ... I think :) . In this case, you could experiment with your keymaps and try to add support for your keys - other users would surely appreciate this.

About the key problems if not using a keymap: it looks as if this old method is "obsoleted" by keymap support; IIRC other keyboard improvements (like Windows keys) were only added to keymaps (internally, there's a hardcoded keymap in qemu which is used when no -k option is given; this really looks obsolete :).

Good luck,
Oliver