qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Current state of RFB patch

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Current state of RFB patch
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 02:13:23 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Struan Bartlett wrote:

> This patches, but compile breaks:
>
> gcc-3.3 -march=pentium -DQEMU_TOOL -Wall -O2 -g -fno-strict-aliasing -g
> -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -o qemu-img
> qemu-img.c block.c block-cow.c block-qcow.c aes.c block-vmdk.c
> block-cloop.c block-dmg.c -lz
> sh create_keysym_header.sh vnc ""

The cflags are assumed to be the include path to rfb.h. Probably you did
not use a current LibVNCServer, or you have an old libvncserver-config in
your path.

> But now I'm having a problem launching QEMU with -vnc.
>
> $ qemu -hda win2k.qcow -m 64  -monitor stdio -k en-gb -vnc
> <snip>
> Warning: could not read keymap - falling back native keycodes!
> Could not initialize keyboard

Beware! RFB support is not yet for the faint-hearted! ATM if you don't
have the keymaps/ directory in your current working path, you don't get
support from RFB.

Yes, yes, I know. keymaps should be taken from qemu's default path, the
mouse should be calibrated automatically, and all the rest. If somebody
wants to see about that, well, go ahead. ATM I unfortunately don't have
time to spare.

Ciao,
Dscho