qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] boot an open firmware elf binary

From: J. Mayer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] boot an open firmware elf binary
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 13:22:45 +0100

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 13:34 +0100, antoine terrienne wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> I know it is not the ideal place to ask this question but the qemu
> forum is down and the qemu-user mailing list just send me  550 unknown
> user errors.
>
> I have a powerpc-elf binary that is supposed to be open firmware
> bootable. But I found no indications about how to boot it with
> qemu-system-ppc. The -kernel option doen't work.

I have to admit I never tried -kernel option, but to boot PREP kernels.
Then, it seems broken for PowerMac emulation.

I wont fix it in 0.4 release, but I'll work on this point for the next
one.

[...]
> I use Mac OS X not Linux.

I can't promise OHW/qemu-PPC work well under Mac OS, I test only with
Linux.

[...]

--
J. Mayer <address@hidden>