qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qvm86, kqemu and video speed

From: emuls
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qvm86, kqemu and video speed
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 08:15:14 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

DGA as a option will be OK, in BOCHS you can choose what you use
for Video background driver.

I use a DGA and VMware a lot. I use on all my computers ATI cards
for long time without not problems.

DGA problem on ATI is not related only to ATI drivers, but also
to card producers and MB AGP drivers. ATI as Nvidia give chips to
third side producers and they overtune chips.

You are also forget then VMware use its special driver inside
GUEST OS, for many of us is important to use some sort of native
GUEST OS driver. Othervise we cant use as a Guest OS systems like
Solaris and so on.

Rudolf