qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Solaris/SPARC binaries

From: Thomas Steffen
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Solaris/SPARC binaries
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 20:28:08 +0200

Hi,

can I use qemu to run Solaris binaries for SPARCv8 or better even
SPARCv9 (64bit)?

Installiing Solaris under qemu would be ideal, but I found no hind how
to do it, or whether it is indeed possible.

Running Solaris binaries under a Linux/sparc kernel (which is booting
fine) should be an option, but it seems to be a bit difficult with
32bit Linux. Any chance of running Linux/sparc64?

I would like to add that I am a big fan of Qemu. I don't need Windows
a lot, so I only use it rarely, but it is definately giving VMware a
run for the money :-)

Thomas