qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU_TMPDIR temp folder for KQEMU for Windows.

From: Francois Rioux
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU_TMPDIR temp folder for KQEMU for Windows.
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 20:45:43 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you folks for the insights.

I know everyone with the knowledge in made magic to come with the current QEMU and you're working on enhancements.  I'm unfortunately unable to help with that.  I couldn't even make my own build for on Windows!

That said, I'm curioux and looking for out of the bag tricks until the next release.

This QEMU is fun to use and the accelerator makes it finally usable.

Ramdisk might have been a real performance accelerator for Windows hosts with enough RAM available.  Since I can't find the temp memory image file is saved, I can't use that option.

Any other hint would help.

Regards,

Francois

"Jim C. Brown" <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 11:05:05AM -0700, Francois Rioux wrote:

> The KQEMU doc mentions setting QEMU_TMPDIR to a ramdisk for increased performances under KQEMU which saves the memory image of the guest OS.
>
> I'm running XP Pro as the Host with qemu version 0.7.1-3 which includes KQEMU (I can see it is enabled with 'info kqemu'.)
>
> I've added 'set QEMU_TMPDIR=c:\tmp' to my qemu launch script. However I can't see that file. The folder is empty no matter how I look at it. I know the doc says the file is hidden but shouldn't I see it if I 'dir c:/tmp /AH'? Also Properties of that folder show no files, no size.
>
> Where is that hidden file? And how can I move it to a ram drive in Windows?

IIUC this is a reference to shmfs. So this doesn't apply to KQEMU on Windows
hosts. I'm not an expert on the Windows versions tho, so I'm not 100% sure of
this.