qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Q: SPARC Solaris as guest operating system with qemu?

From: Martin Bochnig
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Q: SPARC Solaris as guest operating system with qemu?
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 18:21:29 +0200

Hi,

If bugs in V9 emulation were fixed, there could be some chances of booting recent Sparc64 kernels. Also a working prom with real OpenFirmware support is needed and that does not exist yet.

why isn't it possible to use some Sun-provided flash PROM-Update binary for SS5 or so?

> It's much harder to know what are the problems when working with closed source.
Ok, OBP sources are closed, but isn't OpenSolaris.org of any help?
(I know, no support for any old 32bit platforms anymore, however.)