qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] kqemu in 0.7.2 no longer boots Xen

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: [Qemu-devel] kqemu in 0.7.2 no longer boots Xen
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:37:58 -0500

Admittedly this is probably not a standard usage, but I'm using qemu for Xen development (Xen is an Open Source hypervisor). It works quite well so far.

0.7.2 seems to have broken support for kqemu. Linux freezes during boot (running in ring 1 under Xen) right before launching the INIT process. Passing -no-kqemu or reverting to 0.7.1 makes the problem go away.

Without knowing the differences in kqemu between versions, it's hard to narrow down any further. I looked at the diffs for qemu though and did not see anything obvious.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help narrow down the problem.

Thanks!

Regards,

Anthony Liguori