qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] video mode in windows game

From: Jernej Simončič
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] video mode in windows game
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 18:33:06 +0200

On Saturday, September 24, 2005, 17:46:49, Jim C. Brown wrote:

> Weird. Of course, in that case it shouldn't go into fullscreen mode at all -
> it should report the error and go back to the host's original resolution.

Not necessarily - especially LCDs can be sometimes very picky about the
modes they support, eg. on one of my computers, a LCD monitor wouldn't
display the BIOS bootup screen anymore (it just showed "Video mode not
supported") after I switched from an on-board GFX card to a PCI one, even
though it appeared identically on an old CRT monitor.

--
< Jernej Simoncic ><><><><>< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >

If you take your boots off, you'll never get them back on again.
       -- Barber's Tenth Law of Backpacking