qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Problems with Qemu 0.7.2

From: Ryan Rempel
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Problems with Qemu 0.7.2
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:14:53 -0500

On 10/22/05, Jim C. Brown <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 04:05:08PM -0500, James Lancaster wrote:
>
> This doesn't suprise me. I hacked the source code so qemu doesn't grab the
> mouse, and just disable mouse acceleration in the guest. It works beautifully
> for me.
>
> The reason this isn't default is because it is a pain to turn off acceleration
> in most guests, and in a few it can't be turned off at all. No one has
> found a way around this.

I'd be very interested in this hack -- could you post it, or at least
a hint about what kind of changes are involved (I guess I can look at
the source as easily as the next person, but why reinvent the wheel).

The reason I'm interested is that I'm using FreeNX to access my Unix
machine (on which QEMU runs), and the grabbing / accelerating plays
havoc with FreeNX (i.e. the reaction of the cursor is slightly
unpredictable, which is entertaining, but ...)

BTW, my guest OS is Windows 2000 -- do you happen to know if it is
possible to turn off acceleration there? If not, I suppose I'm out of
luck.