qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Internet access from qemu

From: Dave Feustel
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Internet access from qemu
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 15:07:53 -0500

On Monday 14 November 2005 14:08, André Braga wrote:
> This was fixed in the 0.7 series with the addition of keymaps support.

qemu 0.7.1 (or .2) is included in OpenBSD 3.8, but I have not got a cdrom
copy of 3.8 yet, so I am making do with 3.7 and .6.1 for the time being.
Physical booting from cdrom is broken in the OpenBSD port of qemu 0.6.1,
but booting from an iso image works.

> I don't know what's the status of the OpenBSD port of QEMU, but I know
> the one from FreeBSD works perfectly as long as you compile it from
> the ports collection. You might want to use the port tarball
> (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/emulators/qemu/qemu.tar.gz?tarball=1)

I tried building the qemu source code from the qemu site on OpenBSD, but
the make stopped because, among other issues, there is no libutils.h on my
system.
I googled a bit but did not find the file. I was informed via email that
libutils.h is a
"linux thingie". I haven't gone any further with the qemu build since. I have
been
instead concentrating on learning how to use qemu. The internet access problem
is
hopefully my last hurdle. Then I start working on some how-to's and maybe get
serious about building qemu at home.

> to see what was needed to compile QEMU under FreeBSD and adapt the
> necessary changes to OpenBSD.
>
> I highly recommend this, because AFAICT the 0.6 series are no longer
> supported.

I want to get qemu to compile on OpenBSD so I can keep up with the latest
version.

Thanks,
Dave

--
Tired of having to defend against Malware?
You know: trojans, viruses, SPYWARE, ADWARE,