qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] VMware Player

From: Kevin F. Quinn
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VMware Player
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 19:18:42 +0200

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 17:07:32 +0200
"Christian MICHON" <address@hidden> wrote:

> you're putting c++ inside the qemu source tree when it is not
> needed (yet).

Perhaps I'm still not making myself clear.  I did _not_ suggest that
a WxWidgets GUI be integrated into QEMU.  I assumed we were all talking
about an independent controller app to provide a pretty clicky-button
way to start/stop qemu instances, provide console and serial i/o
terminals, that sort of thing.

The only thing that may be worth thinking about is a way to redirect
the SDL output from QEMU, if VNC proves too slow.  Even that would only
be if you want the QEMU screen to be embedded in the frontend, and to
be honest I see no need for that.