qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] bug in ARM thumb usermode emulation

From: Rafael Espíndola
Subject: [Qemu-devel] bug in ARM thumb usermode emulation
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 17:05:58 -0300

Running python 2.4 in qemu sometimes causes this assert

Inconsistency detected by ld.so: rtld.c: 288: _dl_start_final:
Assertion `info->l.l_tls_modid == 0' failed!

The same error is present in all versions tested (0.8.1, 0.8.2 and CVS).

I have been able to create a "small" ARM chroot that contais a test
program and python 2.4. It is available at
http://www.maemo.org.br/platform/rafael/qemu-bug.tar.bz2

The test program sets some environment variables and execs python. The
test can be run with

sudo chroot bug/ ./test

An equivalent test program that skips qemu runs correctly in a real
ARM device, so I thing that the bug is really in qemu.

The bug is very dependent on the environment variables and argv. Small
changes can hide the bug.

Do you have any suggestions on how to debug this?

Thanks,
Rafael