qemu-devel

Re: [FreeSBIE LVC] Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu/hw ide.c

From: Matteo Riondato
Subject: Re: [FreeSBIE LVC] Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu/hw ide.c
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 08:57:58 +0200

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 01:22:08AM +0200, Juergen Lock wrote:
>  I just tried FreeSBIE LVC (see announcement here:
>       http://www.riondabsd.net/2006/10/13/announce-freesbie-lvc-is-out/
> ) with qemu cvs (using this experimental port update:
>       http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?20061026201752.GA51540
> ) and it hung, printing:
>       atapi_poll called!
> repeatedly on the console.  Disabling USE_DMA_CDROM in hw/ide.c made it
> boot.  So this seems to be a variation of the old problem of the cdrom
> dma patch being incompatible with FreeBSD atapicam. (FreeSBIE still has
> atapicam in the kernel, and back when the first cdrom dma patch was
> posted it caused the cd being detected as a disk (da) on an older
> FreeBSD atapicam guest...)

I cannot help with this issue (which seems a qemu-related issue to me).
The only thing I can say is that FreeSBIE images won't have atapicam in
the kernel as there's no need for it.

While I'm here, I want to thank all the qemu developers for their great
work. Qemu is my main FreeSBIE testing platform and I'm really happy with
it.

Best Regards
--
Matteo Riondato