qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] PXA27x processor support (XScale)

From: andrzej zaborowski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] PXA27x processor support (XScale)
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 10:31:21 +0100

Hi,

On 07/02/07, Hetz Ben Hamo <address@hidden> wrote:
Only a small question, if you don't mind: After patching QEMU with
your patch, is it possible to run Windows Mobile (2003,2005)? I heard
from quite few people (outside of QEMU mailing list) that would love
to test their WinCE based apps on such an emulator without the need
for MS Visual Studio stuff..

Not out of the box. If you emulate the device accurately enough for
which the copy of WinCE/WM2005 was written then yes. Platforms like
PDAs differ greatly in their hardware despite some using the same CPU.

(from my experience if you're porting Linux to a PDA it helps a lot to
have its original OS running in the emulator).

Regards,
Andrew