qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] OpenHackWare hacking

From: Ed Swierk
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] OpenHackWare hacking
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 22:10:06 -0700

A bit more progress--I can boot the Fedora 6 PPC boot.iso and start Anaconda.

- Both VGA and serial console work with the g3bw machine type; mac99 still
crashes early on.

- IDE interrupts are still messed up; my Qemu patch is obviously not quite
right.

- OHW's CHRP boot script parsing isn't sophisticated enough to pass arguments
to yaboot, as the Fedora 6 boot script does, but you can the arguments
manually with the -append option.

- The Linux serial console is very slow.

Here's how I'm starting Qemu:

qemu-system-ppc -cdrom boot.iso -s -append 'conf=cd:,
\ppc\ppc32\yaboot.conf' -nographic

Please see the attached patches to OHW and Qemu; I've also included a compiled
OHW image.

--Ed