qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] MMU and Physical<->Virtual address conversion

From: amateur
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] MMU and Physical<->Virtual address conversion
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 20:22:07 +0800

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 12:10:38AM -0700, Shane Hummer-Smith wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to experiment with the memory management unit in QEMU, but I
> don't seem to be able to wrap my head around the source code. Can somebody
> help me figure out how the physical to virtual address translation and
> vice-versa is implemented in QEMU? Any pointer would be appreciated. Thanks
> much!
-------------------------
The address translation things in full system mode is handled by the
so called SoftMMU, which translate gVA->hEA. gEA->gVA is known as
address calculation and handled in insn translation. gVA->gPA is
handled by SoftMMU using Guest Page Table, gPA->hEA is handled by
SoftMMU using two-level-table of PhyPageDesc structures. There is
again TLB which translate gVA->hEA directly.

SoftMMU code is mainly in softmmu_header.h, softmmu_template.h, things
related to PhyPageDesc...

--
《东郊》
作者:韦应物