qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU on windows timing problems

From: Daniel Ionita
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU on windows timing problems
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 19:07:41 +0300

Hello.

I have a problem with time drifting inside the QEMU machine (running
XP SP2). This is more visible as the load inside the VM increases
(heavy hard-disk activity, almost 100% CPU usage). However, I need to
control some actions inside the VM machine which depend on time. Any
idea how I can increase QEMU's time resolution, to make it more exact?

I need something on the order of seconds. For example, on the latest
tests that I've done, in a total run of 7 minutes QEMU's clock lagged
by 4 minutes (so it's ~50% slower than real time).

Host machine x86, Windows, with kqemu installed. I mention that the
problem is much worse when I run QEMU in a SMP environment, but it is
fixable by setting process affinity to specific CPUs.

Thanks a lot.

--
Best regards,
 Daniel                          mailto:address@hidden