qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-arm -M akita/terrier - which roms work? (mo

From: Juergen Lock
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-arm -M akita/terrier - which roms work? (more patches... :)
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 22:42:25 +0200

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 02:37:04AM +0200, Juergen Lock wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 12:30:23AM +0200, Juergen Lock wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 03:46:37AM +0200, andrzej zaborowski wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > Hi,

> > > Oh, it's Sharp's poor code :)  the GPSR (0x1c) and GPCR registers are
> > > write-only. I think it's safe to assume that the real hardware returns
> > > the last written value in these addresses when reading, but in the
> > > documentation they are write-only.
> >
> > Yeah it was crashing in static int force_8bit_access_check_and_set
> > in linux/drivers/pcmcia/cistpl.c, apparently while doing an
> >     GPSR(GPIO54_nPCE_2) = GPSR(GPIO54_nPCE_2);
> > Patched that (patch-pxa-gpsr, attached), and now the boot seems
> > to be hanging somewhere in userland...
>
> Ok I set a breakpoint on do_execve and found that it was repeatedly
> calling `/bin/grep ^1 /var/lib/pcmcia/stab'.  On my zaurus that file
> looks like:
>       Socket 0: empty
>       Socket 1: ATA/IDE Fixed Disk
>       1     ide       ide_cs 0        hda     3  0
> and indeed in qemu it has the disk in socket 0.  Patched that
> (see patch-spitz-hda, attached), and now (well I also added an
> sd image since I got lots of
>       pxa_sd_put_command: responce time out by jiffies (cmd=01)
> ) I at least get
>       INIT: version 2.78 booting
>       mount: Mounting /dev/hda1 on /hdd1 failed: Invalid argument
> and when I hit ^c (btw, the left shift key does work, only the
> right one doesnt) it continues with
>       INIT: Entering runlevel: 4
>       INIT: Switching to runlevel: 6
>       INIT: Sending processes the TERM signal
>       umount: forced umount of /dev/ram1 failed!
>       Can't find /dev in /etc/fstab
>       umount: /proc: Device or resource busy
>       Rebooting the system...
> and the kernel's last words on the serial console are
>       flushing ide devices:
>       Restarting system.
>       reboot the kernel (1)
>       Reboot failed -- System halted
>
>  Okay, time to sfdisk the hda image (it was empty :), boot with
> `rw init=/bin/sh', mknod /dev/hda*, mounting /proc and /home and
> then try sfdisk:
>       # sfdisk /dev/hda
>       modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module block-major-3
>       /dev/hda: No such device or address
>
>       sfdisk: cannot open /dev/hda read-write
>
>  Hmm, some module not loaded?  looking around in /lib/modules/
> I see no obvious candidate, anyone have an idea?
>
>  Okay, back to the akita image...  booting that to runlevel 2 or 4 now
> in fact gets me a login prompt on the serial console, and in runlevel 4
> I even see the gui splash screen flashing, but the gui doesnt
> start, and after a few iterations I get
>       INIT: Id "ln" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> ln is (grep ln /etc/inittab):
>       ln:345:respawn:survive -l 6 /sbin/launch

Ok i now created a proper terrier hda image using the
        http://www.trisoft.de/download/SLC3200SYSPART.zip
and now I get essentially the same behaviour as with the akita
image, and I can confirm the gui startup is crashing with
        gawk (277): undefined instruction: pc=00023dd4
        Code: e3130020 1d908100 1a000000 eb0020d1 (ee103170)
and
        qpe (297): undefined instruction: pc=4044fc88
        Code: ed81110a ee120180 ee00018e e5913008 (ee102170)
(repeated as init respawns it.)

 I also posted a FreeBSD qemu-devel port update,
        http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?20070731201608.GA30162
using the 2007-07-31_05 snapshot with the pxa-gpsr and spitz-hda
patches added.

 So if anyone has an idea about the fpu emulation crashes I'd be
thankful.

 Cheers,
        Juergen