qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Making qemu images executable (and store command line argum

From: Jorge Lucángeli Obes
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Making qemu images executable (and store command line arguments in them =P)
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 19:52:32 -0300

I've been giving some thought to Anthony's idea:

http://kvm.qumranet.com/kvmwiki/Specs/StoringCommandLineInImage

However, maybe I'm just too much on vacations, but I don't seem to
come up with a nice way of doing this. Everything keeps coming back to
creating a new 'container' image format and then implementing block
layer functions that only add the number of sectors occupied by the
command-line to the read and write calls made by QEMU, and then just
relay those calls to the image-specific functions. That doesn't sound
very efficient.

The '#!' trick works nice with scripts, but I don't see it playing
very well with images. ¿Comments? ¿Pointers?

Cheers,
Jorge