qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] make qemu work with GCC 4

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] make qemu work with GCC 4
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 18:40:42 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, Johannes Schindelin wrote:

> > Thanks for your effor Michael! Now, I only hope, one of the patches
> > that makes qemu gcc4 compliant are soon merged.
>
> Well, to throw a spanner in the works: this patch is the 4th patch along
> the lines that I came about.  None of them (AFAICT) was tested well
> enough to be included in CVS.  Indeed, the biggest problem seems to be
> to make a patch that not only works on the machine of the poster, but on
> other machines, too.

Please?  qemu with that patch builds on four architectures, and tests fine
on two of them (including cross targets) and only because I haven't run it
on the other two architectures yet.  It might or might not need more
patches than just mine (as I started from our package), but in that case
they are independend of making qemu work with gcc 4, which is the only
thing my patch is concerned about.

Ciao,
Michael.