qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] -usbdevice tablet with Fedora-6 64bit guest

From: Dan Kenigsberg
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] -usbdevice tablet with Fedora-6 64bit guest
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 14:03:56 +0200

On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 02:41:32PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 03:36:26PM +0200, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I saw that using the tablet with Linux guest is possible
> > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.qemu/11516
> > yet I fail to do that.
> >
> > I managed to compile, configure and load the evtouch X module, but still
> > there is no movement of the mouse (after I disabled the default X
> > pointer). I attach my Xorg.0.log for the joy of the readership.
>
> Don't use the evtouch X module. Use the regular 'evdev' module.
>
> Dan.

Dan, thanks for this info. However, my problem begins earlier than in X
and using evdev instead of evtouch does not solve it.

It seems that some Linux guests have problems communicating with the
tablet device. The most reproducible behavior that I noticed is when
FC-6 starts: gpm senses the tablet, but only until haldaemon starts.
After that, I cannot obtain any mouse event (even after stopping
haldaemon).

Could you tell if this can be avoided?

Thanks,

Dan.