qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] target_mmap and host vs target page sizes.

From: Edgar E. Iglesias
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] target_mmap and host vs target page sizes.
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 11:53:20 +0200

On Sun, Sep 30, 2007 at 10:27:45AM +0300, Blue Swirl wrote:
> On 9/30/07, Edgar E. Iglesias <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I tried the sparc64-linux-user target but it fails to run any of my
> > programs both with and without the change. Similarly, the m68k-linux-user
> > target also fails but it at least manages to
>
> Are you sure the program was really a 64-bit Sparc64 program? The real
> programs are identified by file command like this:
> helloworld.sparc64: ELF 64-bit MSB executable, SPARC V9, version 1
> (SYSV), statically linked, not stripped
>
> 32-bit programs with either V8 or V9 (V8PLUS) instructions are not
> supported by sparc64-linux-user currently.

Hi,

Thanks for pointing that out. I double checked my programs and yes, they seem
to be 64bit ones. I assumed they were because my toolchain was a
sparc64-unknown-linux-gnu, but I hadn't verified the generated elf files.

% make
sparc64-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc -Wall -W -g -O2   -c -o ctest.o ctest.c
sparc64-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc -static  ctest.o   -o ctest
% file ctest
ctest: ELF 64-bit MSB executable, SPARC V9, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux
2.4.1, statically linked, not stripped
% ~/src/c/qemu/sparc/sparc64-linux-user/qemu-sparc64 ./ctest
Segmentation fault

I'll retry with a fresh CVS build.

Best regards
--