qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] PreP kernels boot using Qemu

From: Ed Swierk
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] PreP kernels boot using Qemu
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 19:30:48 -0700

On 10/28/07, Rob Landley <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hmmm...  All the kernels I've built for this project are static.  In theory I
> can add "ne.irq=9" to the kernel command line, but in practice it doesn't
> seem to work.  Nor does ne.0.irq=9 or irq=9
>
> However, when I hardwire "dev->irq=9;" into the source code, it does seem to
> work.  (Or at least I can ping qemu's virtual gateway.)
>
> Off to read the kernel command line parsing logic...

It seems that the driver.parameter syntax works only for parameters
that the driver exports in /sys/module/driver/parameters. The ne
driver doesn't define parameters at all when not compiled as a module,
let alone export them via sysfs.

The attached patch is my feeble attempt to remedy the situation. With
the patch, adding "ne.irq=9,10" to the kernel command line sets the
correct irqs for eth0 and eth1.

--Ed