qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [kvm-devel] Feedback and errors

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [kvm-devel] Feedback and errors
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 18:02:33 +0300

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
I guess using file locking by default would improve the situation, and we can add a -drive ...,exclusive=no option for people playing with cluster filesystems.

Turning on file locking by default will break existing apps / deployments
using shared disks. IMHO this is a policy decision that should be solved at ahigher level in the management stack where a whole world view is available rather than QEMU which only knows about its own VM & host.

Running a newer qemu with an older libvirt would pose a problem, yes. But we shouldn't ignore unmanaged deployments.

signature is too narrow to contain.