qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Adding new ARM9-based platform in Qemu

From: Vincent Palatin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Adding new ARM9-based platform in Qemu
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 07:09:33 +0200

Thomas Bandelier a écrit :
Hi,

I'm facing several difficulties to implement such a platform support in Qemu. Concretely, all is about adding a new mobile-phone baseband processor emulation in hw directory. Inspiration from "integratorcp" and other machines is not enough for a QEMU-beginner like me...

So 2 questions:
-> Does kind of "development guidelines" documentation exist ?
No, I don't think so.
Use the source, Luke.

-> Maybe someone on this list has already accomplished such a task ?
There are several ARM/PXA PDAs in the tree, as least :
- n800/n810 (OMAP2420) -> nseries.c
- Akita/Spitz/Borzoi/Terrier (PXA270) ->spitz.c
- Palm Tungsten (OMAP310) -> palm.c
Their code really looks like what you what to achieve. They are probably easier to understand than Integrator.

Out-of-tree, there is also some code for one mobile platform : Neo1973 (aka OpenMoko) their code should be there : https://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/src/host/qemu-neo1973/

--
Vincent