qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Bug?] in powerPc board uic emulation

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Bug?] in powerPc board uic emulation
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 16:23:43 -0600

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 7:04 PM, Salvatore Lionetti
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i've added new board latest svn snapshot, updated few ours ago, with 450GPe
> cpu but got some pb, almost resolved.
> The last, i hope, is that 'internal' interrupt line 11, polarity high, level
> triggered, destinated to MAL TX End of Buffer (TXEOB0), seem to persist after
> managed.

Without seeing your revised patch, it's difficult to guess. However,
in the original patch you did post you are doing something strange
like this:

+#define INTN(a) (31-a)
+    mal_irqs[0] = pic[INTN(14)];
+
     ppc405_mal_init(env, mal_irqs);

> I've tested with qemu-0.9.1 and all is ok.
> Since i've noted that uic device code is changed, before explain pb at u-boot
> side, i'd like to check 'internally'.

One UIC change between 0.9.1 and now is that the IRQ numbers were
"inverted" (31-n) to match the documentation. I don't have the 405EP
user manual handy to check, but I suspect you wrote your INTN macro to
do the same thing, and you're now inverting them twice.

See
http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/trunk/hw/ppc4xx_devs.c?root=qemu&r1=3726&r2=4273

Thanks for updating your patch. Have you also corrected the endianness
issues you mentioned in the first draft, so that it can work on
big-endian hosts?

-Hollis