qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [6343] Fix false positive for AIO on OpenBSD

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [6343] Fix false positive for AIO on OpenBSD
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 13:09:19 -0600

Blue Swirl wrote:
On 1/16/09, Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:

 It's just used for assigning the signal value.  We could have a #ifdef
HAVE_SIGEVENT and define it if it doesn't exist--or just change the aioinit
structure to use an int instead of the struct sigevent structure.  It's
sigevent for glibc compatibility but that's not really important at this
stage.

Ok. Should kill be used always or just when sigqueue is not available?

Since we use it for process instead of thread signaling, I think it's safe to always use kill(). I'm not completely sure though, having it conditional on sigqueue would certainly be the conservative thing to do.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori