qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ANNOUNCE: Release 0.10.0 of QEMU

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ANNOUNCE: Release 0.10.0 of QEMU
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 20:29:57 -0600

Mark Bidewell wrote:
Does this new release change the way in which the KVM and Qemu
projects interact or will KVM continue to maintain its own updated
Qemu version?

You can think of KVM's QEMU tree as a staging tree. There are some large changes that are taking some time to merge fully, but we're slowly getting there. A huge chunk of the changes in KVM's tree have already been merged for this release. At the current rate, we should have almost everything merged by the next QEMU release.

I don't want to speak for Avi, but I expect that we'll start seeing KVM userspace releases that more closely match the QEMU release process too.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori