qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [7118] linux-user: prefer glibc over direct syscalls

From: Riku Voipio
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [7118] linux-user: prefer glibc over direct syscalls
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 11:03:31 +0300

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 01:16:28AM +0100, Paul Brook wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 April 2009, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> > +# Check for xxxat() functions when we are building linux-user
> > +# emulator.
> > +if [ "$linux_user" = "yes" ] ; then

> This is wrong. $linux_user only indicates whether the linux usermode targets
> are built by default. It can be overridden by --target-list.

linux_user is default yes linux host and is only removed with
--disable-linux-user.
So, to expose this wrongness one would have to configure with
 --disable-linux-user --target-list="foo-linux-user"

I guess we can still drop the $linux_user test and run it anyway, same way
tests only needed for system-qemu (gnutls, sasl..) are run even when
configuring for a linux-user targets build.