qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] updating git tree

From: François Revol
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] updating git tree
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 23:01:36 +0200 CEST

> > To commit individual files, use `git add file1.c`, then `git
> > commit`
> > without -a.
> > You can check `git status` for what'll get committed.
>
> That I guessed, but there is no way to forbid commiting deleted files
> at once...

So here is what I've did, FWIW:

svn diff > svn-popenaudio.diff
svn diff > svn-hid.diff
# vi both to only keep related changes
cd ..

git clone ...

git apply -p0 < ../svn-hid.diff
git rm hw/usb-wacom.c
git commit -a -m "Merge usb-wacom.c into usb-hid.c"
# argh, git status sayw hw/usb-wacom.c is still here...
rm hw/usb-wacom.c

# generate a diff...
git-format-patch -s origin
# of course it outputs a stupid mbox format which isn't used everywhere
# so I must strip the headers if I just need the real patch
(overengineering)
for f in 0???-*; do sed '1,/^$/d' -i "$f"; done

git apply -p0 < ../svn-popenaudio.diff
# now I should probably finish it first as I don't know how to generate
a single merged patch from multiple commits...
#git add audio/popenaudio.c
#git commit -a -m "Start of popen(3) audio output"

François.