qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Memory help please?

From: Frank Rizzo
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Memory help please?
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 07:25:17 -0700

I'm trying to determine where in QEMU it accesses data from the data segment, or any segment other than the code segment, and the stack segment.

I've found the function cpu_x86_load_seg_cache() which doesn't seem to really do what I think it should.

I've found the function cpu_physical_memory_read() which doesn't get called from my tests, along with cpu_physical_memory_rw() which also doesn't get called.

I have also added printfs to MOST of the functions in exec.c and they never seem to happen.

Can someone PLEASE help me understand what's going on in the memory subsystem?

Frank