qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [SOLUTION] "i8042.c: No controller found" -> OS sees no

From: Mark Cave-Ayland
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [SOLUTION] "i8042.c: No controller found" -> OS sees no keyboard if I type "in BIOS"
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 16:48:01 +0100

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

No, 16. Maybe there's some off-by-one bug in hw/ps2.c? Also yesterday i
was not entirely sure the KBD_STAT_OBF (output buffer empty/full status
bit) handling was correct (thus the attached patch), but now a quick
look seems to indicate it is alright, since it be will update these bits
via:

(...)

-#define PS2_QUEUE_SIZE 256
+#define PS2_QUEUE_SIZE 16

15? With 16 it can still break (broken BIOS?).

FWIW I wonder if this is also responsible for the bug report I posted here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2008-05/msg00853.html

Basically after a random length of time from 1 - 5 days, the mouse under an NT4 guest goes crazy - a single touch and it goes flying randomly all around the screen. Restarting the VM resolves the issue.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk