qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] bidirectional data exchange between guest and host without

From: Anthony Lannuzel
Subject: [Qemu-devel] bidirectional data exchange between guest and host without network
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 10:45:46 +0200 (CEST)

Dear All,

I want the host to be able to communicate with the host without using the
guest networking interfaces, is there a way this can be bidirectional ?
Here is what I have tested so far (command line options):

-drive file=fat::rw:/tmp/qemuShare
This allows the guest to read the host data, but when it writes to its
mounted device, the host doesn't see the data.

-fda file=fat::rw:/tmp/qemuShare
Apparently the guest has to eject the floppy for the host to see the data,
and I have read that the transfer speed is very low.

-smb : this requires guest networking (with 10.0.2.4 by default)

Has anyone already tried to do something similar ?

Regards
Anthony