qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] RE: eepro100.c

From: Michal Filka
Subject: [Qemu-devel] RE: eepro100.c
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 06:50:19 +0200

Hi

> > up to now, nobody complained about the missing RNR interrupts.
> > Linux obviously works without them, so I had no reason to
> > implement them.
... I'm not complaining, I'm asking for help ;-) Virtualization is working - no
problem. However, it turns emulated driver into suspended state under heavy
load (8 cores, 16 GB RAM, gigabit Ethernet - all cpu's at 100% due to network
traffic processing by application in virtualizations) - my driver doesn't get
any FR interrupts, when I issue a "ru resume" command (a timer) rx works again.

> > The disabled code parts (function eepro100_rnr_interrupt)
> > can be enabled, but you still need code which calls them
> > at the right places.
... sure

> could you please try the appended patch and tell me whether it works?
... thank you. I'm going to try it today. I'll give you know then.

Michal Filka